STAR WARS: HAN SOLO #1 Punches it Into Hyperspace This June!
New York, NY – March 7th, 2016 – Everyone’s favorite scoundrel – now starring in his very own series! Today, Marvel is pleased to announce STAR WARS: HAN SOLO #1 – the newest Star Wars™ limited series coming to a galaxy far, far away and your local comic shops this June! A-list creators Marjorie Liu and Mark Brooks hop in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon to bring you a swashbuckling tale of high adventure in deep space!
Han Solo has finally entered his ship into the Dragon Void Run – an infamous high-stakes race across the stars. You know, the race Han has dreamt of winning. Only there’s a catch – his entry into this legendary race is a top-secret undercover mission for Princess Leia and the Rebellion! Will he keep his mind on the mission? More importantly – can he manage to pull it off while still maintaining his lead in the race?!
The race is on as Han, Chewie and the Falcon blast off this June for the highly anticipated STAR WARS: HAN SOLO #1 – coming to comic shops and digital devices!
STAR WARS: HAN SOLO #1 (of 5)
Written by MARJORIE LIU
Art by MARK BROOKS
Cover by LEE BERMEJO
On Sale in June!
Oh man, we knew it was coming but I can’t believe it’s almost here. Just yesterday Disney announced that STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS will officially hit Digital HD on 4/1 and Blu Ray on 4/5. Knowing how much I’ll want to watch it the weekend of 4/1 with the family means I’ll be buying myself a digital copy and then probably heading out to pick up a Steelbook disc version from Best Buy on Tuesday (because there is never enough STAR WARS!!!).
While that makes me a big nerd it also will benefit those of you who choose to follow us on twitter @DadWorldOrder as I plan to give away a free copy of the Force Awakens to one lucky follower. Just give us an add and I’ll have details up soon.
You can check out the release info below as well as the cool covers for the 3 different store exclusive versions.
From StarWars.com :
Packaged with the film is a galaxy of bonus content that will take fans inside the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, including an in-depth documentary, featurettes, and more. Secrets will be revealed through extensive footage, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Bonus features include*:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
- Plus Deleted Scenes
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
Note: The 3D version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available later this year.
To celebrate the in-home release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy are each offering fans a retailer-exclusive, uniquely packaged, collectible version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack. These limited edition releases, seen below, will be packaged as follows:
TARGET – The Target Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive packaging and an added 20 minutes of bonus content, including never-before-seen interviews with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega and a deeper look at the movie’s costumes and weaponry
WALMART – The Walmart Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive BB-8 packaging and an exclusive Star Wars Galactic Connexions trading disc
BEST BUY – The Best Buy Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack features exclusive SteelBook Packaging
Well this is definitely big news in my home as my son spent his 3rd birthday party running around pretending to be Hiro and Baymax and most of last year watching the wonderful film Big Hero 6. Just announced this morning, Disney X D, which is already a powerhouse with its Marvel and Star Wars content will be adding a brand new Big Hero 6 series which will tell the continuing adventures of the team.
While not much info is available Disney’s own in house blog Oh My Disney announced the following :
Here’s what we know so far: The series picks up immediately following the events in the film. Hiro is the newest prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, and he faces daunting academic challenges …. not to mention the social trials of being the little man on campus. Off campus, the stakes are raised for Big Hero 6 as they must protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains.
I cannot wait for the show to hit in 2017 and even though I would love to see another big screen adventure for the team I am more than happy to know my kids will be able to enjoy the world of Big Hero 6 even more!